Sunset at Finisterre

Sunset at Finisterre

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 1 August 24, 2010

Never easy to start off on a long journey and this morning I am wondering what I was thinking of to commit to such an adventure. I am nervous about the nature of the walk and the expense which I understand is more than the Camino Frances. I am also wondering - well actually worried - because that is what I do best - about how I will be able to manage the effort required to walk over the mountains.
When you dress like a pilgrim, you need to act like on and so I put on my travel clothes early this morning to get in the mood of the adventure.
I am lucky to be able to meet up with Alvina and Kirsten, my Camino Sisters from 2008 and we are determined to have a wonderful adventure no matter what.
So let the journey begin!
Maggee

Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. The reality of your own nature should determine the speed . If you become winded, slow down,. you climb the mountains in an equilibrium between restlessness and exhaustion. Then when you are no longer thinking ahead, each footstep isn't just a means to an end but a unique event in itself - R Prisig

2 comments:

Sil said...

Buen Camino from Durbs-by-the-sea!
I will be following your new adventure Maggee. Enjoy every step!
Drukkies!
Sil

Unknown said...

and so I begin, too, Maggee---just reading about your adventures and learning more about the pilgrim process. Looking forward to this!